Authors are invited to submit a reasonably detailed abstract by 30th April 2021.
(All accepted and presented ICSSC papers will be published by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) on the IET Digital Library and IEEE Xplore platform and indexed in Inspec and submitted for indexing in Ei Compendex and Scopus topics. Selected ICSSC papers will also be published as chapters in a book titled Advances in Communications Satellite Systems.)
Abstract Format and Content
We require a detailed abstract that is two pages in length (including any figures and references) and describes original work which has not been previously published. Please use ARIAL font size 11, unless otherwise instructed below, and convert your prepared abstract into PDF format before submission.
Your abstract should have the following contents in the order listed. Mandatory content must be provided. Optional content may be provided if deemed useful in describing your proposed paper to reviewers.
- Title of your proposed paper. Use font size 14. This is mandatory.
- Details of all authors of the proposed paper, including: Name, affiliation, full postal address, and email address. The first named author should be the corresponding or lead author and will be the only person who will have access to upload the final manuscript if the abstract is accepted. This is mandatory.
- The main body of your abstract. This is mandatory and should describe in clear and grammatically correct English (i) The background and motivation for the work to be reported in the proposed paper; (ii) What you did and how you did it; (iii) What you found and what you intend to cover in the full paper and oral presentation at the conference.
Note that this instruction is only an indication of expected content and not a specification of required sections of the main body. Please use your own judgment to organize the main body of your abstract for maximum clarity.
- Figures, graphs or diagrams. This is optional, but if included must be referred to and discussed in the main body.
- References. This is optional, but if included must be clearly cited in the main body.
To Submit an Abstract
To submit an abstract to ICSSC, please take the following steps
- Visit the Joint Conference web page REGISTRATION and enter the personal details requested. You will then receive an automatically generated email giving you a username (your email address) and password with which to login and upload your abstract.
- If you have (already) taken step 1, then LOGIN and on the left pane of the page that opens, click ABSTRACT/PAPERS to expand, then select “Abstract”. Now click on “+New Abstract” in the top right corner of the new page that opens.
- If you have taken step 2, then you are now on the ABSTRACT SUBMISSION page.
- Click the drop-down menu under “Conference” to select ICSSC.
- Then click (the “v” symbol) under “Topic” to reveal a list of ICSSC topics. Select the one that best fits the subject of your abstract.
- Enter the full title of your abstract in the space provided.
- Upload your abstract by clicking in the space under “File” or dragging and dropping your file into that space.
- Once you are done, please click “SAVE”. That’s all. Well done. Thank you.
Online Publication of Abstracts
In view of the rescheduling of the 26th Ka and 38th ICSSC Joint Conference to the new date of 27th – 30th September 2021 at the same venue in
Arlington, Virginia, USA, all abstracts submitted by 30th September 2020, if accepted (following the acceptance procedure described in the next section),
will be included in an online publication.
The publication will be freely accessible at https://www.kaconf.com/ICSSC-abstractpublication.php, in a dedicated section of the Conference website and will serve two important roles.
It will acknowledge and credit each author’s research and contribution in a timely fashion, without waiting until 2021. It will also help to attract more participants to the conference to exchange ideas with each author/speaker in connection with their work.
It would help, to enhance the communication of the quality of your contribution, if you ensured that your submission is a detailed abstract that is two pages long, including text, diagrams, and references.
Authors who agree to have their abstract published online must send a written authorization to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2020 with the statement, “I hereby authorize the Organizing Committee to publish my abstract, submitted to the 26th Ka and 38th ICSSC Joint Conference, on the Conference website.”
Abstract Review and Acceptance Process
After the close of the abstracts submission deadline, each submitted abstract will be reviewed by three independent and internationally diverse expert reviewers. They will pass their recommendations to the Chair of ICSSC Technical Program Committee who will make a final decision on acceptance or rejection considering the limited number of oral presentation slots available in the technical program.
Notification of acceptance will be sent by e-mail by the Organizing Committee only to the lead author by 28th May 2021 for papers submitted after 30th September 2020.
If an otherwise good paper fails to make the cut due solely to a lack of space, it will be placed on stand-by. Following this decision, all lead authors will be notified by email.
The lead author of each accepted abstract must then confirm their willingness to submit and present their paper by replying promptly to the acceptance notification and in any case not later than 18th June 2021. Failure to confirm in a timely fashion may result in the paper being withdrawn or replaced with a stand-by paper.