Abstract Submission Deadline
Authors are invited to submit reasonable detailed abstract (minimum 500 words, plus graphics and figures) by April 22, 2024.
Abstract Format and Content
We require a detailed abstract that is two pages in length, encompassing figures and references, to outline original work that has not been previously published.
The abstract should follow the specified order with the following content, where mandatory information must be provided, and optional content may be included if it aids in describing the proposed paper to reviewers:
- Title of your proposed paper.
- Details of all authors, including Name, affiliation, full postal address, and email address. The first named author, designated as the corresponding or lead author, will be the sole person with access to upload the final manuscript upon abstract acceptance – a mandatory requirement.
- The main body of the abstract, a mandatory section, should be written in clear and grammatically correct English, covering:
- Background and motivation for the work outlined in the proposed paper.
- A description of the methodology employed.
- Key findings and an overview of what will be covered in the full paper and oral presentation at the conference. Note that the provided instructions serve as a guide, and authors are encouraged to use their judgment for organizing the main body to ensure maximum clarity.
- Optional inclusion of figures, graphs, or diagrams, which, if added, should be referenced and discussed in the main body.
- Optional references, which, if included, should be clearly cited in the main body.
Authors should ensure the accuracy of the entered data when submitting the abstract, as this information will be used to compose the Preliminary Program.
Abstracts must adhere to the PDF file format for speed and accuracy and should be prepared in accordance with the Ka Paper Template. Authors uploading an abstract confirm compliance with Conference Publication Ethics and Malpractice.
Abstracts must use the PDF file format for speed and accuracy and must be prepared according to the Ka Paper Template. Authors uploading an Abstract are confirming that the uploaded Abstract complies with the Conference Publication Ethics and Malpractice.
To Submit an Abstract
To Submit an Abstract, follow these steps:
- If you already have an account, go to the Joint Conference web page, click the LOGIN button at the top right side of all website pages, and enter your login credentials. If you don't have an account, click theRegistration button 1. (at the top right side of all website pages), provide the necessary personal details, and you will receive an automatically generated email containing your username (your email address) and password. Use these credentials to log in and upload your abstract.
- If you've completed step 1, log in, on the left panel of the opened page, select "CONFERENCE" and then "Event Selection." Choose "Conference" and click SAVE at the bottom of the page.
- Having completed step 2, click “ABSTRACT/PAPERS” to expand the menu, then select “Abstract.” Now, click on “+New Abstract” in the top right corner of the new page that opens.
- If you've completed step 3, you are now on the ABSTRACT SUBMISSION page: i. Click the drop-down menu under “Conference” to choose Ka. ii. Click the arrow symbol under “Topic” to reveal a list of Ka topics. Choose the one that best aligns with the subject of your abstract. iii. Enter the full title of your abstract and co-authors and affiliations in the provided space. iv. Upload your abstract by clicking in the space under “File” or by dragging and dropping your file into that space. v. Once completed, click “SAVE.”
For authors experiencing difficulties with electronic abstract submissions, please contact the Ka Conference Organizing Committee at email@example.com
Abstract Review and Acceptance
Abstracts will undergo peer review by a minimum of three independent and internationally diverse reviewers from the Ka Technical Committee, who retain the right to accept, or reject any submitted abstract. Following this review, the Co-Chairs of the Steering Committee will assign accepted abstracts to the relevant conference technical sessions.
Notification of acceptance will be conveyed solely through email to the lead author on or before May 31, 2024.
Lead authors whose abstracts are accepted must confirm their intent to submit and present their paper(s) by June 14, 2024. Failure to confirm in a timely manner may lead to the abstract exclusion from the conference Preliminary Program and substitution with a stand-by abstract.
After the abstract submission deadline, authors are prohibited from submitting new abstracts or modifying previous submissions or any other details. It is crucial to thoroughly proofread your submission before the deadline.
If an abstract is accepted, the lead author will be the only individual with access to upload the final manuscript. Final manuscripts exhibiting significant alterations in title, content, or co-authors and affiliations concerning the accepted abstracts will not be featured in the conference final program or accepted for podium presentation. The lead author will receive notification of such exclusions.